Proud to Be Working with One of the Google Search Excellence Winners
Best Canadian Digital Marketing Agency
by our own Co-Founder Eric Rodgers. A feat not done in Canada before. We’re very, very, very proud.
While this may seem like a shameless plug, it’s really not – we are so proud of Eric and love our company. I don’t think I’ve ever worked in a place where the staff stay after 5pm on a Friday because they want to. We play pool, mingle and catch-up. Great place to work, right?
So, while we are tooting our own proverbial horn, I think we earned it. Eric earned it. Imagine how many digital marketing agencies and marketers there are and then imagine a 28 member agency located in Burlington being chosen as one of twelve North American Google Search Excellence Award winners.
Eric is an unassuming character, with quick wit, a mathematical/analytical/business mind who lives and breathes digital. We all do. We are no fun at non-digital parties. No one understands what we do and we’re passionate about it, some might say “Geekishly boring”. I don’t think we are…even when we talk about algorithms and CTR. Most of our parents think we work in IT.
Eric is “IT”, not working in IT, but he is “IT”. That guy who quietly starts a digital marketing agency alongside the number two employee of AOL Canada, Don McNeil. Eric and Don saw the opportunity to start a search marketing agency with the claim they are math men not Mad Men – a niche that still isn’t populated by many marketing agencies. Our difference – our numbers speak for themselves. We are all about the data and we’re small enough to care about all of the details.
**Congratulations to the 2015 Google Search Excellence Winners!**
(Only 2 Canadian winners)
- Eric Rodgers, Co-Founder & Strategist, DirectAccessDigital.com, Toronto, Ontario**
(He also won in 2014)
- Morgan Winbush, Senior Search Planner, Optimedia , Seattle, WA
(Optimedia is a subsidiary of Publicis)
- Caroline Bank, Media Director, Performics LA, CA
- Brian Jolson, Group Search Director, Neo@Ogilvy, NYC
- Emma Cockburn, Search Account Director, Neo@Ogilvy, NYC
- Fil Lourenco, SEM Account Director, Catalyst, Toronto
- Clayton McLaughlin, VP, Search Director, Havas Media, Chicago
- Diana Gordon, Group Director, Search & Social, Mindshare, Chicago
- Susan Scholler, Senior Associate Director, iCrossing, Phoenix, Arizona
- Katie Cowie, Social Supervisor, Resolution Media, Charlotte, NC
- Syed Burhari, Search Director, Razorfish, Seattle
- Stephen Donlin, Associate Director, Empowering Media from Dentsu Aegis, NYC
See DirectAccessDigital.com’s team:
- Recent news video story about winning the Google award
- From the Burlington Gazette, *Burlington digital marketing agency co-founder takes prestigious Google award for the second time.*
- From the Oakville Beaver,* Oakville co-founder of Burlington business receives Google award for second year in a row.*Since our search beginnings, client demand has made us become a full-service, small digital marketing agency with some (really) big (Fortune 500 big) and mid-sized clients. We are growing so rapidly that it appears right now we have two hires a week. Brilliant people. Engaged people. We’ve run out of room in the fridge for lunches now, but the coffee is always flowing and so are the creative juices.
Unsolicited Guest Post
Ceri Nelmes, Senior Digital Strategist @ DirectAccessDigital.com.
Ceri’s been in the digital space for 15+ years starting as an SEO for a UK agency, and has worked directly for big brands, start-ups, publishers, not-for-profits, and the CPG industry in all facets of digital marketing. She’s worked on websites in almost every category/vertical. She brings a wealth of experience and expertise to our clients at Direct Access Digital.